Skip to main content

A Fashion Luncheon with CaringKind

On November 30th of 2023, the CaringKind foundation held a Luncheon in New York City at Cucina 8 1/2 private dining, to honor caregivers and families that are impacted by Alzheimer Disease. There are an estimated 6.7 million people over the age of 65 who suffer from this debilitating disease in the United States. According to "The Journal of The Alzheimer Association," worldwide cases have an estimated 315 million people suffering from the disease. Statistics alongside the debilitating reality of this illness, the need for CaringKind is great. The CaringKind Fashion Luncheon, was an event honoring caregivers and fundraising for the care that CaringKind not only brings to the caregivers but to those they care for. We were kindly asked by Montgomery Fraizer and Marco Maranghello to the event, given full access to cover it in its entirety. From early morning backstage preparations to the impressive guest list with 2 fashion shows and a musical performance followed by speeches that moved almost 200 guests to tears. 
Walking in at 9:20 a.m. will full access, we immediately began documenting every part of the process from putting together to producing the event. Backstage was bustling with activity. Each creative mind in their element. Fully in tune with each other, the room was surely filled with some of the top hair and makeup artists in the industry, each making their magic preparing every model for every look they were to display later in the day.
As more models had their looks finalized, more would show up mirroring the energy and efficiency of Grand Central. Soon enough it was time for the models to begin being fitted for the looks they were to display. Passion was evident not only the care, but the creation of the garments presented with the utmost care and attention to detail. Each garment was composed of the finest materials, so expertly made that it was hard to resist being captivated by the love, care and purest artistic expression that was in every stitch. Not a strand of hair, eyelash, or stitch was out of place. 
(Photo Taken By Nikhil Sidhu)
 As the morning crept to midday all of the pieces started coming together. The red, or shall I say, the CaringKind Orange Carpet was set up alongside the dining room where guests would not only be eating but viewing speeches, two fashion collections and a musical performance. Between musicians practicing in the grand foyer aside an almost 3 story staircase that wrapped around it, and meeting with directors to help ensure that their visions were not only captured but documented, this event was gearing up for not just success but to awe and inspire all of those who attended. 

(Photo By Corazon Aguirre)
 Soon enough final looks were being photographed backstage, in an area with a more raw, under construction settings that were a reminder we were in New York City, an ever changing and growing city. Models would line up as they were scanned by organizers making sure finishing touches happened before models were photographed for a "Look Book" for the collection. 
As the models had their photos taken backstage for the " Look Book," the guests began to arrive as each walked into the Midtown Manhattan venue, they walked through rotating glass doors onto a balcony overlooking the grand foyer to then cascade in their suits and gowns down the grand staircase and into the venue to mingle for a red carpet before the events beginning.
(Alisa Kauffman, Anne Sansevero- Photo by Corazon Aguirre)
Guests mixed and mingled with cocktails and music as some lined up to the orange carpet to have their photos taken. Among the expected press worthy guests included Timo Weiland,
Dan Ragone,
Seth Herzog,
Andrea Greeven Douzet, Linda Fargo, Desi Lydic,
Erik Bottcher,
Indira Cesarine, Caring Kind CEO and President
Eleonora Tornatore-Mikesh, MC for the event the SOHO Muse herself
Consuelo Vanderbilt,
Joanna Pena,
Loris Diran, internationally celebrated fashion designer
Malan Breton, 
Andrea Catsimatidis, Musical Preformer
Sarah Charness, Joey and Nadia Foley, Tom Morrow, Susan Miller, Claudia Edelman, Olga Ferrara, Anzhelika Steen Olsen, Scott Bucchiet, Naeem Delbridge, Alissa Anderegg, Alejandra Chaparro and Erica Sandovel.
(Anne Fontaine, Consuelo Vanderbilt, Luisa Diaz - Photo by Corazon Aguirre)
In what felt like mere moments thanks to the good energy in the room, guests were asked to begin making their way to their tables so the event itself could begin. Imagine this, you walk out from the foyer down three stairs and into a grand dining room with a rectangularly structured runway path centered by a grand floral arrangement. The smell of grilled chicken and shrimp in the air mixed with designer perfumes and colognes as you are seated. A choice of two salads might not seem like much but I can hands down say, it was one of the best I've had in my life. Once everyone was seated Consuelo Vanderbilt took the microphone and began introducing CaringKind, its organizers and cause to the audience. The first of two speakers introduced was Elenora Tornatore the CEO and President of CaringKind. She explained her organization and the message that the day was about the caregivers and to lift these caregivers. What an important message that is too, there is nothing more important than supporting those who support those in need. 
(Eleonora Tornatore-Mikesh-Photo credit John Barragan)
The next speaker was one of the caregivers themselves, Esther Blair Schiffman, whose mother is currently in advanced stages of Alzheimer's Disease. We feel that with how significantly impactful and emotionally stimulating Esthers speech was, that it wouldn't be right to describe it in our own words. Thankfully Esther sent Make A Difference a copy of her speech so we may quote her more accurately. Please enjoy the quote below built of portions of Esther's Speech. 

(Esther Blair- Photo by Corazon Aguirre)
" I'm Esther Blair Schiffman, and I'm 26 years old. I grew up in NJ and now live here in NYC.  Today, I want to share a deeply personal story about my experience with my mom's decade-long journey with Alzheimer's. Before I dive in, I want to express my sincere gratitude to the extraordinary CaringKind team—Eleonora, Anne, and Courtney. Your impact on families worldwide and your unwavering support have given me the courage to speak up, and I'm sure many others feel the same. Most people feel lost and alone dealing with this complex disease, and your work is unmeasurable. Thank you for nominating me for a caregiver's award; your recognition means the world, and I'm so blessed to know all of you. 
   
In embracing Caregivers Awareness Month, let's commit to making a lasting impact, not just this month but throughout our daily lives. Let's share stories, engage in meaningful conversations, and become advocates for those who dedicate their lives to the well-being of others. Let's be proactive in understanding how we can fight this disease together. 
Now, let me share a glimpse into the extraordinary life of my mom, Abbe Kirsten Schiffman—a true badass and a bit of a nerd. With a degree in English from Tufts University, she left an indelible mark working for renowned companies like IBM, Johnson and Johnson, and Coca-Cola. Collaborating with Olympic stars, influential artists, and even launching the famous Cabbage Patch Doll, she was a force of nature within PR and advertising. She wrote articles and speeches for important people and publications like the Wall Street Journal, and she would have probably been helpful to me right about now. 
     Her passion for wellness, women's rights, painting, guitar playing, traveling, interior design, skiing, and family added color to her bubbly personality. When I asked a few of my family members to describe her, they all said even from a young age, she was SO bright and unique; she was always taking classes and learning. Her love for people and education was the foundation of who she was. She always had a smile on her face and was laughing. While I was writing this, it was hard for me to figure out how to describe her, whether or not I should use my words in past or present tense. And everyone who understands Alzheimer's knows what I mean. My mom's positive spirit and loud, funny laugh made everyone happy, and she is truly unforgettable. She is also a proud member of the Jewish community and was upset that she never had a bat-mitzvah, but it was a proud moment for her to see my brother and me make those life accomplishments. I'm so pleased to be her daughter. She is a mosaic of an incredibly remarkable woman." -Esther Blair Schiffman

(Esther Blair, Consuelo Vanderbilt- Photo by Corazon Aguirre)
During her speech Esther was understandably emotional as she discussed the illness her mother is suffering through, it was then that Consuelo Vanderbilt stepped up and did exactly what every person in the room was there to do. She supported Esther, a caregiver in need of lifting. It's beautiful moments like this that are needed more in this world. In this part of her speech, Esther had hit an emotional trigger. Consuelo saw she needed support, stepped up, and did so. Caregivers need support too, and so many forget that.   

(Amy Hatkoff- Photo by Corazon Aguirre)
The next Caregiver to speak was Amy Hatkoff, please enjoy this quote taken from her speech that we believe shows the true power and emotion in her words. 
"It's an honor to be here today with so many people with such large warm hearts. There is such a power to bringing people together who share tragedies, trials, tribulations, joys and successes. I thank Courtney Dawson for helping put this all together. When Courtney asked me to accept this nomination as a caregiver, I had never thought of myself as a caregiver, but I realized I have already been one when I took care of my mother before she passed away. After she passed, I moved to New York to help take care of my sister who was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's when she was 65. You get blindsided by this, and Courtney was working with my family. The guidance and resources we received alongside the introduction to CaringKind really put us in a direction where we were able to organize how to take care of my sister. One of my biggest takeaways from watching my beautiful sister go through her decline was that I realized we are so much more than our minds. Even as my sister used to say "I am losing my words" I could still see her heart. I could see the glint in her eyes and the warmth coming from her. My biggest takeaway is to see the heart and see what is there. The more we see others the more they can become and hold onto themselves. I think we can all play that role. I think as caregivers, advocates and people working in the field, the more we can help people understand that we are beyond words the more that we can connect. Everyone as a caregiver holding that loving space, we can do that." - Amy Hatkoff

(Luisa Diaz - Photo by Corazon Aguirre)
Next in the event schedule was the Cesar Galindo and Anne Fontaine fashion shows intertwined with a live musical performance by Sarah Charness, which was nothing short of spectacular. If you would like to view the entire presentation you can view the Cesar Galindo show Here. You can view the Musical Performance of Sarah Charness Here. Last but not least, you can view the entire Anne Fontaine collection Here

Let's take a look at some quotes taken from some of those who helped make the event possible alongside several attendees of the event. We tailored the questions so the answers we received would transition into each-other as one natural and clear statement.
   
Elenora Tornatore
(Anne Fontaine, Eleonora Tornatore-Mikesh, Cesar Galindo-Photo by Corazon Aguirre)
"I was motivated to work on the CaringKind Caregiver Appreciation Fashion Show because it aligns perfectly with our mission of supporting caregivers. This event not only celebrates their tireless efforts but also raises awareness about the vital role caregivers play in our community.
The inspiration for this event comes from the stories of resilience and compassion I've witnessed among caregivers. They embody a unique blend of strength and empathy, and this fashion show is a tribute to their unwavering dedication.
The key message we want to convey is one of recognition and gratitude. Caregiving is often a silent task, and through this event, we aim to spotlight the immense contribution caregivers make to our society and the lives they touch.
To me, being a caregiver means embodying selflessness, compassion, and resilience. It's about providing support and care to those in need, often at the cost of personal sacrifices. It's a role that demands respect and admiration.
To caregivers around the world, I would say: WE SEE YOU. Your work is invaluable, your dedication is inspiring, and your impact is immeasurable. You are not alone in this journey, and your efforts are recognized and deeply appreciated.
What makes the CaringKind Caregiver Appreciation Fashion Show unique is its focus on caregivers, a group often overlooked in the narrative of health and support. This event melds fashion with advocacy in a way that not only raises awareness but also directly celebrates and supports those at the heart of caregiving." -Elenora Tornatore

"I wanted to work on this event because Alzheimer's is something people need to learn and know more about. My friend's husband has Alzheimer's disease and that made it that much more important to me to help coordinate and prepare the event for CaringKind.
My inspiration was Cesar Galindo and Montgomery Fraizer, they brought me to the venue that Cesar designed and decorated himself during the pandemic. With its luxurious and contemporary fashion, I loved it to where I was able to see how we wanted the event to come together almost immediately.
To me the message of today is the knowledge of what Alzheimer's is not only for those who have loved ones with it but to support those going through this disease as well as the caregivers who love someone suffering from this illness. We must continue to collaborate and support each other. 
A caregiver means that the one you take care of comes first. You are essentially the producer of that person's life.  
My message to the caregivers around the world is that you rock our world. Without you we just couldn't keep going. None of us ever know if we will or will not be in a position where we ourselves need a caregiver and that further highlights the importance of continuing to support caregivers. I want to tell them all, thank you so much.
This event is unique in that the idea was born organically. It was when two friends got together, one of them has a loved one with Alzheimer's and the other as the element of fashion. They decided to combine the power of both and through that, this event was born." Marco Maranghello

(Montgomery Frazier "TheImageGuru" with Husband Ben Mindich)
"I wanted to work on this event because of the great work those at CaringKind do for folks like Ben and I, and how much they’ve freely & graciously assisted me with referrals and resources, helping me navigate our new reality. A challenging world full of mental anguish, physical dangers, exorbitant medical expenses, fear, uncertainty & a shit load of bureaucratic landmines when dealing with the cruel and devastating realities of #livingwithLBD (Lewy Body Dementia).
Last year CaringKind collaborated on a fashion show luncheon with Frederick Anderson who showed his beautiful collection. In fact, I credit Frederick for introducing me to Eleonora Tornatore from CaringKind. Fast forward, I introduced my friend, fashion designer Cesar Galindo who I creatively directed for SohoMuse in a music/fashion group show of Latin designers at the Guggenheim Museum with Emilio Estefan and Consuelo Vanderbilt during NYFW.
CaringKind brought in their friend, fashion designer Anne Fontaine. We all had lunch with the great ladies of CaringKind at Cucina 8 1/2 which was a client of Cesar’s, and we planned the event! I was merely a fashion conduit for this event. I couldn’t attend because Ben got pneumonia and was taken to the hospital the day before the luncheon, I honestly feel I let everyone down!
Nobody asks to be a caregiver, not unless they’ve had prior experience with someone they love! My message for getting involved with organizations like CaringKind in events like this and similar situations where I’m able to tell our story is that; what’s happening to Ben and I can happen to anybody! With our aging population and a link between Alzheimer's and Diabetes is breeding more cases that are growing exponentially. This will happen to millions of Americans if they don’t change their eating habits and prepare themselves for aging in America! I don’t believe that Dementia & Alzheimer's have been adequately funded, especially for caregivers who many times unwillingly but out of necessity save the healthcare system hundreds of millions by assuming the duties and responsibilities of professional healthcare workers!
Being a caregiver means that I know whoever is taking care of Ben emphatically “cares” and although this is a job without pay and my ability to work 100% has been challenged by my 24/7 caregiving duties, it’s an obligation that I owe the man I swore an oath to “love and cherish, in sickness and in health!”
The message I would give to other caregivers is to #makesomenoise, #tellyourstories to people who matter and #DEMANDCHANGE from those whose job it is to represent us!
Fashion is incredibly “old school” but still incredibly “relevant.” Americans love fashion which permeates all aspects of our society! I think what makes events like this unique is the celebration of the “caregivers” who most often are exhausted and drained both emotionally and physically and are many times the silent, unsung heroes! CaringKind sees them and credits those people who are the first line of defense for their loved ones; real people telling their real stories because to be quite frank in this country every “cause celebre” has some sort of angle which takes it from being a sad, tragic, and dirty little secret which folks are embarrassed to talk about to one where people actually come out and support! It’s sad, but it’s human nature!" -Montgomery Frazier

(Cesar Galindo, Elenora Tornatore - Photo by Corazon Aguirre) 
"My participation in this event happened organically. I have been doing charity events for a long time and it's a real simple gesture of time. I feel that if we have the ability to do it, then why not? My friend Montgomery Fraizer, who is being honored today was who brough me into this event and it just felt right. 
My commitment to this event was to be the back of the house manager. I don't like chaos and I like to be organized. Keeping things in synch and communication are key to all of it. I also was very familiar with the space because I designed this restaurant. We ended up having a brunch here and that was where the whole concept of this event was born. I knew I could make things run efficiently, so I knew then that I wanted to help. 
It is important to me to give the world a message. I think it is so important to give. If you have the opportunity or the time, it is really nice to be able to do that for people. 
If I wasn't a fashion designer, I probably would be a nurse. I am the baby of 11 kids. We give and we take care of each other. I was raised that way. I have always had that caregiver kind of instinct in me, and it felt right to do this. That is a big part of caregiving. I will do pretty much anything for anyone. I think it is still a good trait despite how it sometimes can get you into trouble, but the trouble is worth giving that care. 
To all the caregivers around the world, pat yourself on the back, give yourself a break, and remember that you really need to be able to take care of yourself first before you take care of anyone else. If you can't do that first, then slow down. We have to take care of ourselves first before we are fully able to take care of those around us. I think that is so important.
We are in New York City at a luncheon with about 200 people. We have their attention and so we tell them the stories they need to hear. These stories are reminders for all of us and it's important to have these reminders. I think that is what we have really been able to deliver through this event. The reminder that there are people suffering and there are people taking care of people. We have to give each other a hug every now and again. It's the simple gestures of acknowledging the people around you and that is something that this event delivered on. Hopefully people when they go home, think to themselves about helping others or even just yourself. Today we celebrated people that are caring."

"I love Anne Fontaine; she is very fun to work with as well as Cesar Galindo. I feel so inspired working with good people in art and fashion. 
My inspiration putting the event together, was collaborating and seeing a vision come to life. Coordinating hair with the fashion line, while keeping it nice, simple, classic and neat, helping make the fashion of the event really come together. 
The message I always focus on delivering is being behind the scenes helping, being a team player and being able to step in and multitask to encourage the others in charge to be bold and make bold decisions especially when it ends up being a grand slam.
Being a caregiver was something I was born with, I think. It's a very personal topic that hits my heart pretty hard. Personally, it has touched my life with the CaringKind foundation, so it felt really great to be here and create glam for such a wonderful and perfect foundation.
I think this event is bringing the right people together and extending the opportunity to everyone's personal connection, raising awareness and bringing light to the situation especially about how we can care more for others." -Eddie Wunderlich

(Courtney Dawson, Cesar Galindo - Photo by Corazon Aguirre)
"I’ve worked on many fashion events and since my involvement with CaringKind, I decided that since November is Caregiver Awareness Month, we should work on bringing that as the official month to CaringKind to recognize and appreciate all the caregivers that we work so hard to assist all year long. This event came about because of that effort.
My Mema, Papa and Susan Patricof, are the three people who always stick with me. My Mema and Papa inspired me from the beginning to get involved as my entire family fell a part because of Alzheimer’s. This is why I am involved today. I helped manage the care for Susan for 7 years until she passed. She gave me the inspiration for wanting people to be able to share their stories.
It’s okay to be sad and that you are not alone, it’s really helpful to talk about what you are going through. We are trying to give people an avenue to share their stories, it’s super therapeutic to talk and share – you’d be surprised how much it can do to just share.
It means taking a ton of breaks and holding it on your shoulders, but also having the opportunity to give people the life, respect and dignity they deserve. No matter what, life is meant to be lived.
To the caregivers of the world, don’t give up, you are enough, you are amazing, you are doing God’s work, and thank you.
Intertwining fashion and compassion is always a unique way for activism, particularly for Alzheimer’s caregiving. Bringing two designers together for a fashion show with caregivers to speak about their personal stories is unique. I hope that this is the beginning of many more events that will continue to happen all over the world." -Courtney Dawson

"Marco Maranghello asked me to work this event with him. After doing the Guggenheim at fashion week, our friendship and bond had grown. We have been able to do more fantastic work together and this was one that he had asked me to join. He believes in me and so here I am. With Consuelo Vanderbilt, Cesar Galindo and Make A Difference being here, it's a family of fashion, and so I knew we were going to make this a perfect event. 
Having the best makeup artists was important because at the end of the day you want to make sure the designers vision comes to life, and that is my job. When their inspiration comes through, my brain reads that creativity, and we begin to put it together. Now we are here with the models and the full looks, and it all really came together. 
I am all about caring and kindness with this event and in life. It cost nothing to be kind and to care. A smile for me is being kind. Any kind of event where we can give back has my heart. We work with a lot of very important people, names and brands in this business. So, to be around caring and kind people for a cause that matters makes my heart happy. 
A caregiver reminds me of being Italian. We are raised culturally to have a giving heart, to love and feed. It's just a part of my DNA. As humans we should care about each other because love conquers all. All humans are the same in love, in my eyes, and heart. 
I want to thank the caregivers of the world because they are the most special humans on earth. To be able to give without expectation is so important. When it is who you are, and you choose that. You become joy and happiness. You give that to us and to those you care for. It feels better to give than it does to take. 
Any human being deserves to be cared about, we need to teach this to our children because any child that does not have that just simply was not taught it. Give from your heart, nothing else matters.
This event was unique because it was specialized for the caregivers. It was still fashion and the professional atmosphere that we are used to working in, but today it felt like a family that had a shared purpose in mind. It went smooth and held strong to the bigger purpose of giving and caring. We all came together and took care of each other. Everyone came together as a family with one vison, to be kind and do it for the caregivers. If you're coming out to this, you care and that is so special, and we all did that together." Vincenza Carovillano

(Consuelo Vanderbilt Costin-Photo by Corazon Aguirre)
"CaringKind asked me to come and mc the event. They are a wonderful organization that focuses on Dementia and Alzheimer's and helps to find a cure. I really believe in the cause and it's really a great honor to be here and support today. 
I feel that where the goal of the organization to build up 1,000 caregivers, really speaks to me. It is such an important cause especially knowing what my friends have endured in this past year. Montgomery Fraizer, who is a fashion icon, he never previously had the skillset to become a caregiver and to watch what he has endured as the exceptional man he is. How he has been able to take care of his significant other is so unbelievably inspirational. I am here as well to be his advocate when he can't right now.
I think that any combination to where you are adding creativity to a cause that's important has made this event unique. We are all human beings and we sadly all have a very short attention span and so for events with important causes like this, you have to be able to present a form of entertainment. Here we provided that alongside two amazing designers that are willing to give back and to support a cause. I think here, we had a great combination at the CaringKind Luncheon 
The most important message from today is 1,000 people helping to bring support to friends and families that just don't have the support they need. This message is a very important one. 
My mother was diagnosed with ovarian cancer at the age of 55 and I became her health proxy which is one of my greatest honors in life and I took care of my mother for 4 years. I have no regrets whatsoever in my choice to step in as a caregiver. It was one of the most important things I have done in my whole life. 
My message to caregivers is I think you need a lot of support because you can't be in isolation being a caregiver, there are people that you also need to help you. To be honest as a caregiver you feel alone. If you're the only caregiver, you really need people around you who will help to support you and give back because like I said, it can be a very lonely existence that often does not end up being very rewarding in the long run. You do it because you love that person. When you go to bed at night, the person you are looking at is yourself and so this is a very important thing." -Consuelo Vanderbilt

"Marco Maranghello brought me into today's event. I was the look book director, and all the models today wore makeup from my Makeup line.
This event is important to me because being able to be part of charity is important to me and my business. Especially to be able to help and give back to those in need. 
This event is unique in the way that we were able to bring designers together for a great cause. We put together two amazing fashion shows for the amazing cause that is supporting caregivers to those suffering with Alzheimer's. 
The message I think that is important today, is to recognize the caregivers. We need to remember that it is hard for them too, especially if it is their family, and to be able to speak about it is so important and amazing because many never get to.
Being a caregiver means to take care of either someone you love, or someone who needs it. It's about being there for them and being able to help them emotionally, physically, and to really support them in everything.
My message to caregivers would be to do it because it's your passion and you want to be there for them to make them feel better. To speak to them and to do it all with love." Yli of Yli's Love Look  

(Sarah Charness-Photo by Corazon Aguirre)
"I had met Courtney Dawson many years ago at another event and she asked me to do this. I am always happy to help a good cause. I am a very cause driven human being. This is something that I care about as my great grandmother passed away from Alzheimer's, so she is always in my heart so this cause hit home to me. I knew it was something I wanted to be a part of.
My inspiration is always giving the audience something that they will enjoy, making it light and happy especially at an event where the topic so serious. It was important to me not to make it sad and to keep things energetic and fun. 
I think it is just so important, especially in this time that we are living in now, to be aware of who is around you and to be kind and caring. Kind and caring are such important words and they have been the ethos of this event and that is just so much of where we need to be right now.
A caregiver is taking a whole person, everything, the good, the bad, the ugly and exciting, all to be there 100% for that person no matter what they do or are able to give back. 
Caregivers, know that you are angels, and you are doing the most incredible work anyone can ever do. Don't stop and remind yourself of what you are working for and how important you are.
What I love about this event in particular is just how much people in this room genuinely care about why they are here. I love to see so many important people in fashion showing that they really do care. Sometimes the message can get lost in events, but I don't think the message was lost at all here, the energy of the event is reflective of why we are here today." -Sarah Charness 

(Luisa Diaz-Photo by Corazon Aguirre)
"I worked with Elenora Tornatore and the board of my gala event in June which was a celebration of kindness. I love the work Elenora is doing as my beloved grandmother had suffered from Alzheimer's as well as my mother-in-law. It was so sad because she couldn't remember her own memories, so I have lived this and it broke my heart seeing my husband watch his mother go through this. My organization is a celebration of kindness and Elenora and CaringKind do amazing things for these families and it fits what I do. 
My inspiration today was to be able to bring families hope, kindness and a smile. 
A caregiver is someone who gives from their heart expecting nothing in return. It is so nice to see CaringKind do such amazing work with those caregivers and their families because it's not easy to have someone in your family or someone you love who needs that kind of help. At the end it was our love and kindness that keeps us all together. 
I want the caregivers around the world to hear my message about kindness. We are living in a society where we are doubting our humanity, but I believe in kindness and that we need to talk more about organizations like CaringKind, the caregivers they support. It is all out of kindness. Kindness and to not lose hope despite the darkness going on this world." -Luisa Diaz

(Kelly Haley M.U.A.)
"I have worked with CaringKind before, and I love the aura and spirit. I love giving back but I also love doing makeup and giving people that little extra boost of confidence. If I could be in a space with positive people and experience these positive and inspirational moments, I am here for it. 
My inspiration was just positive vibes. I am all about positive vibes. The looks were very natural and very clean so it's really about making sure the models and the designers are happy. It's also about preparing myself, making sure I have everything for all skin types, and that I have what I need to make sure I can meet everyone's needs. I want everyone to always feel beautiful. 
Be true to yourself and remember that even though these are events where many of us are working for other people, we are all entrepreneurs, and you have to think about yourself first. Make sure you put yourself forward and stay true to you because that is what matters. 
A caregiver means to put others first. I am a mom, so it reminds me of that. It is also about putting others before yourself making sure they are ok.
As caregivers you care about other people but also, please remember that you are not able to do that if you don't take care of yourself, self-reflect and put yourself first.
You won't be able give that love and support if you do not give it to yourself first." -Kelly Haley

"Marco Maranghello and I have done many magazines and fashion shows together for many years and he asked me to come photograph this great event. 
This is important because I have friends whose family are suffering from Alzheimer's. 
This was unique because of the designers; I have known Cesar for years and Anne through her work in fashion. The connection was amazing, and I see the people and their reactions in the room. It is very important to have good designs too in order to raise more money and we had that here with Cesar Galindo and Anne Fontaine.
The speeches were important and emotional. The way they take care of their families and listening to their stories touched my heart. 
A caregiver is for family. This person sees someone with a struggle and takes care of them. It's important for them to remember who is taking care of them too. You do it because you really love the person even though sometimes, they might not realize that." -John Barragan

Dan Williams
(Dan Williams Hairstylist)
"I really love the message of the event and that we are able to raise money for people who have been impacted in such a harsh way. 
To be able to be part of something that is going to make such a difference, it's just, iconic. There is nothing I would rather do. 
My inspiration for this is how when I show to an event as significant as this, I always am focused on making sure I deliver the best. The message and point of all this are so major and magnificent. I really want to make sure that the hair and the whole look comes together in a way that really represents everything this event stands for. 
What is truly important is community, coming together not only for guests but for those sharing their stories, really moving people and showcasing the significance of this project. From the floor itself to backstage having all of the team being so cohesive and working together so well to make sure there is beauty where things can also be so tragic. 
Being a caregiver means nurturement. When I hear the word, I think being maternal in a way and looking out for each other.
Thank you so much to the caregivers for everything that you do because caregiving is and can be very difficult depending on the severity of the conditions of those you are giving care for. Sometimes you are really taking on a lot for the bigger picture and you are such a light to so many people. Being a caregiver is such an important job and know that you are loved and appreciated, know that you are love and respect in everything you do. 
I think that this event was unique because this all came together so beautifully. What moved me the most was hearing peoples' stories. The way the team came together to create simple yet stunning moments for the guests alongside the message was truly major. I feel like there are a lot of families that have to deal with this, and we can only hope that in the near future we find a cure and help each other to make this world a better place." -Dan Williams

(Malan Breton-Photo by Corazon Aguirre)

"I very much like supporting organizations that support those with Alzheimer's because we have a very dear friend Montgomery Fraizer whose husband is in the late stages of Alzheimer's, and we have watched and seen what it has done so it is my mission to support them. 
The most important message from this event is how Alzheimer's has impacted so many people and families and it is important that the caretakers are also acknowledged. They are going through so much to make sure that people that do have it are ok emotionally and physically alongside managing their schedules. I think that the important thing is really listening and if you see that someone needs a friend and someone in their life, be there for them. 
I have watched Montgomery be a caregiver. I can't even express in words what I have watched with what he has gone through emotionally with everything that he is doing. 
To the caregivers around the world, you are not alone, that is the most important thing because so many people I think internalize what is going on and they don't have to do that. Know you are not alone.
I think this event is unique in the sense that its more centralized. It feels like it is a closer community that this event had in attendance coming together. Each element was based on a personal experience where sometimes events won't be as personal."- Malan Breton

(Erik Bottcher, Scott Buccheit-Photo by Corazon Aguirre)
"I was introduced to the CaringKind organization by my friend Courtney Dawson who has been working on this important issue for a long time. 
I can't think of anything more heartbreaking than losing a loved one to Alzheimer's and we need to do everything we can to support caregivers who are battling this terrible disease. 
By bringing together the top minds in the fashion world and art world as well as the philanthropic sector we can make immeasurable difference in the fight against Alzheimer's.
Hearing from family members and caregivers about what they have been through put into perspective what we are up against and how great the need is. 
Caregivers give up so much of their lives to be there for loved ones and we need to do everything we can to support them. 
There's so much support out there for you and there are so many people in your corner. Even though you may feel alone sometimes - you are not. 
It is one of the most debilitating diseases in human history and we need to find a cure so that no one ever has to experience it again." -NYC Council Member Erik Bottcher

Chance Spiessbach
(Chance Spiessbach, Courtney Dawson-Photo by Corazon Aguirre)
"My beautiful friend, Courtney Dawson, who has a heart of gold invited me to the CaringKind Luncheon.
This event is very important to me because I witnessed firsthand what Alzheimer's did to my grandfather and our family.
This event is unique, not because of the incredible designs in the fashion show, or the one-of-a-kind performance of the violinist, but because of the people behind the organization, and those that they highlight who are on the front lines as caregivers.
The most important message of the event was when the caregiver said, I still talk to my family member even though the doctors and other family members said that they don't hear you, that there is no benefit.
No matter what medical science says, knowing you're not alone, and having someone who is a close family member in your presence is always an incomparable value when you're sick.
Caregivers and situations like these with Dementia and Alzheimer's are in my opinion more important than any doctor given that there is very little treatment.
Caregivers around the world, have such immense inner strength and character that they can wake up every day knowing they're going to see the most and experience the most painful suffering firsthand. No, they cannot cure it. They go to bed, they will do the same thing the next day and one day, no longer have that patient to give care to as they will pass, having to start all over again with another person with an inevitable tragic ending.
Caregivers are stronger than any ultimate fighter as they do this, and they do this with a smile on their face.
Alzheimer's is the most all-encompassing removal of who a person is physically and mentally."-Chance Spiessbach

(Scott Buccheit, Naeem Delbridge photo Credit- John Barragan)
"Our lovely friend, Courtney Dawson brought us to this event!
She does great work with CaringKind!
I think it’s important to raise awareness to caregivers on all fronts.
What makes this event unique is the people who put in their time and hard work to make it such a successful event. As well as personal stories that people share of their own experiences and how much this organization means to them.
The most important message is that anyone can be a caregiver.
Being a caregiver to me means putting others and their needs in front of one’s own.
I would like to tell them to keep up the amazing work and to stay strong!
And remember there is no shame in asking others for help.
Fortunately, I have been blessed to not be personally affected by this horrible disease. Unfortunately, others have not been so lucky, and I’m heart broken by the toll it takes on family and caregivers alike."

(Nikhil Sidhu, Chris Avery Bennet, Malan Breton, Photo Credit- John Barragan)
It is the events and organizations like this and CaringKind that remind us what it truly means to Make A Difference. It is for those pure and kind souls that Make A Difference exists for. CaringKind and their support for caregivers, is pivotal to families and their ability to handle the difficult and sometimes crippling times that they are going through. It is important to not only recognize but hold onto and remember, that we are all human. Capable of the same love, the same pain, and the same compassion. We would like to thank all those in CaringKind as well as caregivers around the world reading this. It is because of people like you that enlighten the very soul of the human race. What you do with the love and compassion you give so freely, is truly what makes this world spin. Never give up. Know you are never alone, and never stop Making A Difference. 
-Chris Avery Bennet and Nikhil Sidhu

Make A Difference Most Popular

Frank Lowe

Frank Lowe is a name that is quickly becoming synonymous with single gay dads all over social media and beyond. Frank Lowe is now taking his divorce, after 17 years of marriage, and doing something positive with it. The blogger and YouTuber  is taking social media by storm with his story to offer support to other single or divorced gay dads. It isn’t easy to go through a divorce, let alone with a child, but Frank is opening up his personal life to give advice and create a positive presence in the wake of a negative outcome. Frank discussed with me about just how passionate he is about the cause behind his social media fame, what he looks to do in the future, and what a truly nice guy he is. Q: Let's begin with how you started out blogging and becoming an avid YouTuber that has quite the following. Was there a specific moment or occurrence in your life that led you to get involved with social media sharing your story and helping other gay dads? A: My real start was on

Plastic Martyr

Plastic Martyr is not only a friend to Make A Difference but he has also been one of our favorite models to keep a close eye on. His style is unique, modern and all in all stunning. We first found him through a photographer we have worked with in the past named Austin Young. Lately Plastic Martyr has been releasing new photos onto his Facebook and I must add they just get better and better the natural beauty is so extreme he makes it look easy to look like you just came off of the red carpet of superstars! Here are some of his latest releases of work. Both of these photos have this modern yet elegant renaissance style to it. This has to be one of my all time favorite photos! In these Plastic has obviously changed his general look from pale blond beauty to a tan dark haired neck breaker and again STUNNING! This must be the most stunning dress I have ever seen plastic in its elegantly designed and seems to have a link to a blooming flower bud. Now don’t get nervous everyone yes